Liverpool: Stats Preview 17/18 - West Ham United (Home)
A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of the home fixture with West Ham United...
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we've been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know.
The Reds are back in action on Saturday after their early domestic cup exits meant no fixture last weekend.
Jürgen Klopp's side are up against a West Ham United side who have improved markedly in recent months under former Everton and Manchester United boss David Moyes.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and West Ham have contested 136 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 72 wins to 28 defeats and 33 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Victory for the hosts, coupled with their 4-1 win at the Olympic Stadium in November, will see them record their first league double over the Hammers since 2013/14.
• The six league meetings in the intervening three years produced three West Ham wins, two for Liverpool and one draw. The visitors completed a league double of their own in 2015/16.
• There have been only two draws in the 25 Premier League games staged between these two since the 2002/03 season and both came at Anfield (Dec 2008, Jan 2016).
• The last three matches between these two have produced a combined 13 goals with Liverpool scoring four in consecutive wins (4-0, 4-1), following a 2-2 draw.
• Liverpool are undefeated in their last 15 home Premier League matches dating back to a 2-1 reversal to Crystal Palace in April 2017.
• Liverpool have won four matches by five or more goals in all competitions this season, the first time they have achieved that since the 1985/86 season (five victories by that margin).
• The Hammers have only lost two of their last 11 matches in all competitions and are unbeaten in their last three league and cup trips to Anfield, winning two.
• Moyes has won just five of the 30 matches in which he's faced the Reds as a manager however, losing over half of them and never recording a win at Anfield.
• Mohamed Salah has now scored in five consecutive matches in all competitions - the first Reds player to achieve that feat since Divock Origi in December 2016 - and has 30 for the season, making him the first Red to reach the total since Luis Suarez in 2013/14.
17/18 Premier League Form
Last six matches
Liverpool (3rd): WWLWDW
West Ham United (12th): DWDDLW
Vital Liverpool predicts a 3-1 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check out the early team news
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to email@example.com|