Vital Football

Latest Liverpool FC News

Liverpool: Confirmed Line-Ups 17/18 - Swansea City (Away)

Liverpool: Confirmed Line-Ups 17/18 - Swansea City (Away)

The line-ups are in ahead of tonight's Premier League fixture with Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium...

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has made one change to the side that defeated league leaders Manchester City in a Premier League classic last weekend.

The alteration sees Virgil van Dijk make his league debut for the Reds at the expense of Dejan Lovren, who drops out completely.

Emre Can takes the captain's armband as a result.

The hosts' starting X1 contains Mike van der Hoorn despite concerns over a muscular issue but Renato Sanchez (hamstring) and Tammy Abraham (hip) miss out.

Elsewhere, Kyle Naughton returns from a ban at full-back and Wilfried Bony is amongst the substitutes following injury.

At the time of writing, 58% of Vital Liverpool users who've voted in our online poll predict victory for Klopp's men. Of the remaining 42%, 34% foresee the Swans clinching a vital three points in their relegation battle and only 8% a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 8.00pm GMT kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.

Swansea City: Fabianski, Naughton, Mawson, Van der Hoorn, Fernandez (c), Olsson, Fer, Clucas, Ki, Dyer, Ayew.

Subs: Nordfeldt, Bartley, Roque Mesa, Carroll, Narsingh, Bony, McBurnie.

Liverpool: Karius, Gomez, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson, Can (c), Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Klavan, Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Lallana, Ings, Solanke.

Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check out the early team news

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Gavin Kelley-Day
Date:Monday January 22 2018
Time: 7:10PM

Login to post a comment

Best of International Football News

Recent Liverpool Articles

Liverpool: Three-Peat Reds Put Four Past West Ham

Liverpool's upturn in fortunes against the Hammers continued on Saturday, boosting their top four prospects in the process

Stats: Liverpool v West Ham United

All the stats from Liverpool (4) vs (1) West Ham United, Anfield, 24/02/2018, 3.00pm GMT Att: 53,256

One Transfer Deadline Was Never Enough Was It

You've got to love the football authorities, if transfer deadline days weren't ridiculous enough already - they've now begun to breed.

Liverpool: Team News 17/18 - West Ham United (Away)

Which players are likely to be unavailable when Liverpool take on West Ham United?

Liverpool Archived Articles

Vital Liverpool articles from

Site Journalists

Gavin Kelley-Day
Editor email

Current Poll (see more polls)

Who Was MOTM vs. West Ham United (Home)?
Suggested By: Editor
Loris Karius0%
Trent Alexander-Arnold0%
Joel Matip0%
Virgil van Dijk0%
Andrew Robertson0%
Emre Can0%
James Milner0%
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain50%
Sadio Mane0%
Mohamed Salah0%
Roberto Firmino50%
Adam Lallana (sub)0%
Dominic Solanke (sub)0%
Alberto Moreno (sub)0%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites
Vital Football Comment
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Write for Vital Football

Recent Liverpool Results (view all)

Liverpool Fixtures

Vital Members League Table

The Vital Football Members League