Liverpool: Stats Preview 17/18 - Leicester City (Home)
A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of the home game with Leicester City...
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we've been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know about it.
Saturday will see Liverpool play their final game of 2017 when Leicester City visit Anfield for a 3pm GMT kick-off.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Leicester City have contested 109 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 46 wins to 39 defeats and 24 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• The last six competitive league and cup meetings have been shared with three wins a piece.
• All of Leicester's recent wins have come at home though with their last success at Anfield back in May 2000. Six subsequent trips have yielded one draw and five defeats.
• Liverpool haven't lost twice to the Foxes in a single season since 1998/99. Leicester have already triumphed over the Merseysiders in the Carabao Cup this term.
• There are usually plenty of goals when these two meet with the seven Premier League matches staged since a 0-0 draw in March 2004 producing 25 goals (14 for Liverpool, 11 for Leicester).
• Five of those came in September when Liverpool returned to the King Power Stadium four days on from exiting the League Cup to gain revenge with a 3-2 Premier League success.
• Liverpool have not lost in 11 league games, which is their joint-best run under Jürgen Klopp.
• The Reds have conceded only three goals in their 10 league games at home this season, which is the club's joint-best tally at this stage of a Premier League campaign (level with 2006/07).
• After winning four Premier League matches in a row, Leicester are without a win in their last three; losing to Watford and Crystal Palace and drawing with Manchester United.
• The Foxes have conceded a Premier League-high of 13 goals from set pieces this season (not far short of half of their 30 goals against total).
• Claude Puel is unbeaten in all six of his matches as a manager against Liverpool. If Leicester win on Saturday, the former Southampton and Lyon boss will become the first manager since Martin O'Neill (with Leicester, Celtic and Aston Villa) to win at Anfield with three different clubs.
• Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino or Mohamed Salah have either scored or assisted 36 of the 46 goals Liverpool have scored in the Premier League this season, including 17 of the last 19.
• Jamie Vardy has scored six of the last eight goals that Leicester have scored against Liverpool in league.
17/18 Premier League Form
last six matches
Liverpool (4th): WDDWDW
Leicester City (8th): WWWLDL
Vital Liverpool predicts a 4-2 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to email@example.com|