Liverpool: Stats Preview 17/18 - Arsenal (Away)
A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of the away game with Arsenal...
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we've been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know about it.
Friday night will see the Merseysiders clocking up the miles for a second time this week as they head to the capital to play an Arsenal side who booked their place in the Carabao Cup semi-finals against West Ham United on Tuesday.
Liverpool will be looking for their second consecutive league double over the Gunners following a 4-0 success at Anfield in August.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Arsenal have contested 223 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 86 wins to 78 defeats and 59 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Liverpool, who are undefeated in the past five meetings, have won the last three matches in a row after failing to win any of the previous five in all competitions (D3, L2).
• The last four matches, following a 0-0 draw at the Emirates in August 2015, have produced a total of 21 goals at an average of 5.25 per game. Liverpool have scored 14 to Arsenal's seven.
• Another Reds victory will be doubly impressive given the Londoners have been almost flawless at home in the league of late, winning 13 of their last 14 games and losing the other to Manchester United.
• That said, Jürgen Klopp's side are in record breaking form on the road; their 4-0 win at AFC Bournemouth on Sunday was the first time a side from the top division had won four consecutive away league matches by a margin of at least three goals.
• Since being humbled 4-1 by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley in October, Liverpool's last nine Premier League outings have seen them concede just four goals, including two debatable penalties and a fortunate strike by Chelsea's Willian. They've notched 24 goals at the other end during the same period.
• Sadio Mané has scored in all three of the matches played against Arsenal since he joined Liverpool last summer.
• Roberto Firmino has also enjoyed playing against the Gunners in recent times, scoring four goals in his last four macthes against them, including a double in the 3-3 draw at Anfield in January 2016.
• Mesut Ozil has been directly involved in six goals in his last five Premier League games at the Emirates (two goals, four assists).
• Against Newcastle United last time out, the German created eight goal-scoring chances - only Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne (nine vs. Southampton in November) has managed more in a single Premier League game this season. Ozil also managed eight vs. Everton in October.
• Arsenal keeper Petr Cech is one clean sheet away from reaching 200 in the Premier League.
17/18 Premier League Form
last six matches
Arsenal (5th): WWLDDW
Liverpool (4th): DWWDDW
Vital Liverpool predicts a 2-2 draw
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check out the early team news
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|