Liverpool: Stats Preview 17/18 - AFC Bournemouth (Away)
A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of the away game with AFC Bournemouth...
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we've been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know about it.
Sunday afternoon will see the Reds eagerly looking to return to winning ways, after a pair of frustrating home draws, against an AFC Bournemouth side who they failed to beat last season.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and AFC Bournemouth have contested 11 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 7 wins to 1 defeat and 3 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Bournemouth's stunning 4-3 win at the Vitality Stadium 12 months ago - a match in which they were 3-1 down with less than 15 minutes to play - was the first time they had ever beaten Liverpool in a competitive match.
• More late drama occurred in the reverse meeting at Anfield in April when an 87th minute Josh King goal earned Eddie Howe's side a 2-2 draw.
• Only Crystal Palace vs. Swansea (12) produced more Premier League goals last season than the 11 scored during the two fixtures between AFC Bournemouth and Liverpool.
• Overall, the four Premier League encounters staged between these two have produced a total of 15 goals at an average of 3.75-per-game.
• Liverpool have won by at least a three goal margin in their last three away Premier League matches - 5-1 against Brighton & Hove Albion, 3-0 against Stoke City and 4-1 against West Ham United.
• Jürgen Klopp's side are unbeaten in their last eight matches in the Premier League (W5, D3), which is their longest run without defeat in the competition since 11 matches in November 2016.
• However, consecutive draws have left the fifth-placed Reds, who have 31 points from 17 matches, closer to the bottom three (17 points) than run-away Premier League leaders Manchester City (18 points).
• After winning their first two matches in November, the Cherries are without a win in the last five (D3, L2); a run of fixtures that has included matches against Swansea City, Burnley, Southampton and Crystal Palace.
• Mohamed Salah is one goal away from becoming the first Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in all competitions in a single season since Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge both did so in 2013/14.
• Jermain Defoe has scored three goals in his last three top-flight matches against Liverpool, one more than he scored in his first 20 against them (2).
17/18 Premier League Form
last six matches
AFC Bournemouth (14th): WDLDDL
Liverpool (5th): WDWWDD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 1-1 draw
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check out the early team news
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|