Liverpool: Stats Preview 17/18 - Spurs (Away)
A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of Liverpool's 2017/18 Premier League away fixture with Tottenham Hotspur...
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we've been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know about it.
Sunday afternoon will see the Reds looking to build on their record-breaking midweek Champions League win when they face an impressive Tottenham Hotspur side who drew with the mighty Real Madrid at the Bernabéu.
The Londoners are in fine form domestically too, currently sitting five places and four points above their 8th-placed opponents.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Tottenham have contested 168 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool comfortably leading overall courtesy of 80 wins to 47 defeats and 41 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Liverpool's historic success in this fixture is matched by recent meetings with the Merseysiders unbeaten in the last 10 league and cup encounters (W7, D3).
• Spurs' last win over Liverpool came at White Hart Lane in November 2012 when a Gareth Bale strike contributed to a 2-1 victory.
• In the subsequent 10 meetings Liverpool have scored 24 goals and conceded just seven. There has been only one goalless draw during the period.
• Tottenham are undefeated in 22 of their last 23 home Premier League matches and have kept four clean sheets in their last five home and away.
• Despite a stuttering start to the campaign, which has featured four draws, Liverpool have actually lost only one of their last 12 top-flight matches.
• The Reds have had the most attempts at goal on average in the Premier League this term at 19.5 per game.
• Since Jürgen Klopp took charge, Liverpool have won the most points in matches between the 'big six' (37).
• The German has lost both of the competitive matches he has featured in at Wembley as a manager - a 2-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the 2012/13 Champions League final with Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool's 2015/16 League Cup final loss to Manchester City on penalties.
• Joël Matip is the only player to have played in every minute of Liverpool`s Premier League season so far.
• Harry Kane has failed to score in his first four home Premier League games of the season, with all six of his league goals coming away from Wembley.
• Christian Eriksen has scored three goals in his past five Premier League games, as many as in his previous 24.
17/18 Premier League Form
last six matches
Tottenham Hotspur (3rd): DWDWWW
Liverpool (8th): WLDWDD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 2-2 draw
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check out the early team news
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to email@example.com|