Vital Football

Latest Liverpool FC News

Liverpool: Confirmed Line-Ups 17/18 - Newcastle Utd (Away)

Liverpool: Confirmed Line-Ups 17/18 - Newcastle Utd (Away)

The line-ups are in ahead of today's Premier League fixture with Newcastle United at St James' Park...

Kop boss Jürgen Klopp makes four changes to the side that drew with Spartak Moscow in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

As expected Simon Mignolet replaces Loris Karius in goal, while the other alterations see Joe Gomez, Georginio Wijnaldum and Daniel Sturridge come in for Trent Alexander-Arnold, Emre Can and Roberto Firmino.

For hosts Newcastle, summer signing Joselu continues up front despite the availability of Aleksandar Mitrovic after a three-match suspension.

Former Reds duo Javier Manquillo and Jonjo Shelvey both return to the starting line-up at the expense of Chancel Mbemba and Isaac Hayden respectively.

French defender Florian Lejeune is fit again after an ankle injury picked up on the opening day but must be content with a place on the bench.

At the time of writing, 63% of Vital Liverpool users who've voted in our online poll predict victory for Klopp's men. Of the remaining 37%, 28% foresee a third successive home win over Liverpool for the Magpies and only 9% a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 4.30pm BST kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.



Newcastle United: Elliot, Yedlin, Lascelles (c), Clark, Manquillo, Ritchie, Merino, Shelvey, Atsu, Perez, Joselu.

Subs: Darlow, Lejeune, Diamé, Hayden, Murphy, Gayle, Gámez.



Liverpool: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson (c), Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Mané, Salah, Sturridge.

Subs: Karius, Klavan, Milner, Can, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino, Solanke.



Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check out the team news

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Gavin Kelley-Day
Date:Sunday October 1 2017
Time: 3:33PM

Login to post a comment

Best of Vital Network

Vital Boxing - Joshua Tells It As It Is

Recent Liverpool Articles

Liverpool: The Weekly LFC News Update (16/02/2018)

A selection of Liverpool Football Club-related stories and titbits you may have missed over the past seven days

Liverpool: Five Star Reds Steamroll Porto

Five-time champions Liverpool have effectively booked their place in the 2017/18 Champions League quarter-finals after a 5-0 away leg demolition of FC Porto

Stats: FC Porto v Liverpool

All the stats from FC Porto (0) vs (5) Liverpool, Estádio do Dragão, 14/02/2018, 7.45pm GMT Att: 47,718

Premier League Makes £4.464billion - 2 Packages Left

It has been confirmed this evening that the Premier League have earned £4.464billion with five television packages now sold.

Liverpool Archived Articles

Vital Liverpool articles from

Site Journalists

Gavin Kelley-Day
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Who Was MOTM vs. Southampton (Away)?
Suggested By: Editor
Loris Karius4%
Trent Alexander-Arnold0%
Joel Matip4%
Virgil van Dijk16%
Andrew Robertson0%
Emre Can0%
Georginio Wijnaldum0%
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain0%
Sadio Mane0%
Mohamed Salah8%
Roberto Firmino68%
James Milner (sub)0%
Adam Lallana (sub)0%
Dejan Lovren (sub)0%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites
Write for Vital Football
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
The Vital Football Members League

Recent Liverpool Results (view all)

Liverpool Fixtures

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.RDD8
2.BigRed833
Vital Football Comment