Liverpool: Stats Preview 16/17 - West Ham United (Away)
A selection of the best facts, figures and statistics ahead of Liverpool's away Premier League fixture with West Ham United...
As usual ahead of a game involving Liverpool FC, we've been busy trawling the records to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know.
With Champions League qualification going down to the wire, Sunday sees the Reds desperate to take all three points from their first ever trip to the former Olympic Stadium in London. Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and West Ham United have contested 134 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 70 wins to 28 defeats and 36 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Liverpool have failed to beat West Ham United in the last five league and cup meetings (D2, L3); their worst run since February 1965 (also five without a win).
• The Reds have lost three in a row away from home against the Londoners, although all three matches were staged at West Ham's previous home Upton Park.
• In total the Merseysiders have kept only one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League visits to West Ham; a 3-0 victory in May 2009.
• None of the last 11 Premier League meetings between these sides at the home of the Hammers have ended as a draw, with the Hammers winning four and Liverpool seven since a 1-1 result in December 2001.
• In contrast to their poor recent home form in which they've taken just two points from a possible nine (D2, L1), Liverpool have won three Premier League games in a row on their travels - their longest such run since April 2014 (six games).
• Liverpool have won three of their four Premier League games in London this season, drawing the other. The last time they remained unbeaten in the capital across an entire league season was in 1988/89.
• West Ham are on a five-match unbeaten league run bookended by home victories over Swansea City and Tottenham Hotspur (W2, D3).
• Their 1-0 win over Spurs last time out means Slaven Bilic's side have kept three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since December 2015.
• Hammers forward Andre Ayew has been involved in six goals in his past 11 Premier League games (four goals, two assists).
• Team mate Manuel Lanzini has found the net in five of his last eight Premier League home games.
• It's four years since Liverpool last won their final away Premier League game of the season. On that occasion Daniel Sturridge hit a hat-trick in a 3-1 victory over Fulham at Craven Cottage.
• Fellow Reds striker Divock Origi, who may be replaced in the starting X1 this weekend by Sturridge, has gone 424 minutes without scoring since netting in the 59th minute of the 2-2 draw with AFC Bournemouth at Anfield on April 5.
16/17 Premier League Form
last six matches
West Ham United (12th): LWDDDW
Liverpool (3rd): DWWLWD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 2-2 draw
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check on both club's injuries
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Click here to read former Red Mark Lawrenson's prediction
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|