Liverpool: Stats Preview 16/17 - Crystal Palace (Home)
A selection of the best facts, figures and statistics ahead of Liverpool's Premier League home fixture with Crystal Palace...
As usual ahead of a game involving Liverpool FC, we've been busy trawling the records to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know.
Sunday sees a depleted Reds looking to continue their top four push against a revitalised Crystal Palace. Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Crystal Palace have contested 48 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 24 wins to 13 defeats and 11 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Liverpool have won the last two Premier League meetings between these two after losing the previous three in a row.
• Both of those wins came away however with Palace winning the last two fixtures held at Anfield - 2-1 last season and 3-1 the season before.
• Both teams have netted in the last nine league and cup meetings dating back to April 2005. There's not been a 0-0 draw between these two in the league since December 1994.
• Liverpool have managed just two clean sheets in their 14 Premier League fixtures since the turn of the year. Palace have managed five during the same period despite their relegation fears.
• Liverpool have won 66 points from their 33 games played this season; already six points more than they picked up in the whole of 2015/16.
• Versatile Reds attacker Roberto Firmino's goal at West Bromwich Albion last weekend was his 11th in the Premier League this season and sees him surpass his tally from last term (10).
• Since his arrival on Merseyside, the Brazilian has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other Liverpool player (34 - 21 goals, 13 assists).
• Palace winger Andros Townsend has been directly involved in seven Premier League goals this season (three goals, four assists); stats which represent his best return in a top-flight campaign.
• Christian Benteke has scored 21 Premier League headed goals since his debut in September 2012; only Olivier Giroud of Arsenal (24) has scored more during that time.
16/17 Premier League Form
last six matches
Liverpool (3rd): WDWDWW
Crystal Palace (15th): WWWLWD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 4-2 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check on both club's injuries
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Click here to read former Red Mark Lawrenson's prediction
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|