Vital Football

Latest Liverpool FC News

Liverpool: Team News 16/17 - Man City (Home)

Liverpool: Team News 16/17 - Man City (Home)

The line-ups are in ahead of this afternoon's Premier League fixture with Manchester City at the Etihad...

Kop boss Jürgen Klopp makes one change to the team that defeated Burnley 2-1 last weekend. The alteration sees Roberto Firmino return at the expense of Divock Origi.

Origi is amongst the substitutes despite a recent bout of illness, as is Dejan Lovren after missing the past five matches.

Hosts Manchester City restore Yaya Touré to the starting eleven after the experienced Ivorian was left out of the midweek Champions League exit to Monaco.

Elsewhere, Nicolás Otamendi partners John Stones in central defence with Aleksandar Kolarov dropping to the bench.

At the time of writing, a surprisingly high 62% of the Vital Liverpool users who've voted in our online poll are predicting an away win. Of the remaining 38%, 26% expect a home win while only 12% foresee a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 4.30pm GMT kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports 1.



Manchester City: Caballero, Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy, Touré, Sané, De Bruyne, Silva (c), Sterling, Agüero.

Subs: Bravo, Sagna, Fernando, Nolito, Kolarov, Iheanacho, A. Garcia.



Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Klavan, Milner (c), Wijnaldum, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Mané, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn, Lucas, Lovren, Origi.



Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check on both club's injuries

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Click here to read Mark Lawrenson's prediction

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Gavin Kelley-Day
Date:Sunday March 19 2017
Time: 3:34PM

Login to post a comment

Recent Liverpool Articles

Liverpool: The Weekly LFC News Update (22/03/2017)

A selection of Liverpool Football Club-related stories and titbits you may have missed over the past seven days

Premier League Confirm 2017/18 Fixture Release Date

The Premier League have now confirmed the date on which the fixtures for the campaign of 2017/18 will be released.

More Reliable Than An Octopus 2016/17? (21/3/17)

A new season, a new special computer crunching the numbers to determine the final Premier League positions for 2016/17.

Mane In Team Of The Week (20/3/17)

Liverpool are represented in the latest Premier League team of the week that has been selected by BBC pundit Garth Crooks.

Archived Vital Liverpool Articles

Vital Liverpool articles from

Site Journalists

Gavin Kelley-Day
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Who Was MOTM vs. Man City (Away)?
Suggested By: Editor
Simon Mignolet1%
Nathaniel Clyne0%
Joel Matip0%
Ragnar Klavan0%
James Milner8%
Emre Can66%
Georginio Wijnaldum25%
Adam Lallana0%
Philippe Coutinho0%
Sadio Mane0%
Roberto Firmino0%
Divock Origi (sub)0%
Lucas Leiva (sub)0%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Chelsea 28 22 3 3 69 38
2 Spurs 28 17 8 3 59 34
3 Man City 28 17 6 5 57 24
4 Liverpool 29 16 8 5 56 25
5 Man Utd 27 14 10 3 52 19
6 Arsenal 27 15 5 7 50 22
7 Everton 29 14 8 7 50 21
8 WBA 29 12 7 10 43 1
9 Stoke 29 9 9 11 36 -9
10 Southampton 27 9 6 12 33 -3
11 AFC Bournemouth 29 9 6 14 33 -12
12 West Ham 29 9 6 14 33 -12
13 Burnley 29 9 5 15 32 -11
14 Watford 28 8 7 13 31 -15
15 Leicester City 28 8 6 14 30 -14
16 Crystal Palace 28 8 4 16 28 -10
17 Swansea 29 8 3 18 27 -27
18 Hull City 29 6 6 17 24 -32
19 Middlesbrough 28 4 10 14 22 -13
20 Sunderland 28 5 5 18 20 -26
The Vital Football Members League
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Vital Football Comment

Recent Liverpool Results (view all)

Liverpool Fixtures (view all)

Apr 1 2017 12:30PM : Everton (H)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 5 2017 8:00PM : AFC Bournemouth (H)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 8 2017 3:00PM : Stoke City (a)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 16 2017 1:30PM : West Bromwich Albion (a)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 23 2017 4:30PM : Crystal Palace (H)
Barclays Premier League
May 1 2017 8:00PM : Watford (a)
Barclays Premier League

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.BigRed834
Write for Vital Football