Liverpool: Stats Preview 16/17 - Burnley (Home)
A selection of the best facts, figures and statistics ahead of Liverpool's Premier League hosting of Burnley...
As usual ahead of a game involving Liverpool FC, we've been busy trawling the records to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know.
Sunday afternoon will see the Reds looking for consistency, after their impressive showing against Arsenal last time out, against a Burnley side who beat them earlier in the season. Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Burnley have contested 115 competitive matches during their respective histories with the Merseysiders leading overall courtesy of 51 wins to 37 defeats and 27 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Burnley's 2-0 win in the reverse fixture back in August was their first win against Liverpool in the Premier League. The Clarets had lost the other four meetings, conceding 11 goals in the process without reply.
• In all competitions during the modern era (since 1992), the Merseysiders have defeated Burnley eight out of 11 times (D1, L2), with Burnley failing to record even a draw at Anfield during that time.
• The Clarets' last taste of victory in L4 was a 1-0 Division 1 triumph back in September 1974. Prior to that you have to go back to April 1950.
• Should they win on Sunday, Sean Dyche's men will have won both league games against Liverpool in a single season for the first time since 1929/30 - they were relegated that season from the top-flight.
• Such an occurrence against the Reds for a newly promoted team in the Premier League wouldn't be unheard of though, with Blackpool doing a double over Liverpool as recently as 2010/11.
• During the defeat at Turf Moor, Jürgen Klopp's side recorded the highest ever possession for a losing team in a Premier League match (80.4%).
• If Liverpool win this fixture they will equal their tally of wins for the entire 2015/16 Premier League season (16) with 10 matches to spare.
• Burnley have the worst away record in the Premier League this season; winning just two points from 39 available (W0, D2, L11). Derby County currently hold the lowest tally for a full season with just three points collected in 2007/08.
• Liverpool are the only team in the Premier League with 5 players on 5+ goals currently this season: Sadio Mané (12), Roberto Firmino (9), Adam Lallana (7), Philippe Coutinho (6) and James Milner (6).
• Joey Barton is the only player in Premier League history to be sent off for two different away teams at Anfield (Manchester City in February 2006 and Newcastle United in May 2009).
16/17 Premier League Form
last six matches
Liverpool (4th): LDLWLW
Burnley (12th): LWLDDL
Vital Liverpool predicts a 3-1 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check on both club's injuries
Click here to find out who will be officiating
Click here to read former Red Mark Lawrenson's prediction
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|