Liverpool: Stats Preview 15/16 - FA Cup Round 4
A selection of the best facts and stats ahead of Liverpool's hosting of West Ham United in the FA Cup...
It's that time of the week again when we bring you the key facts and stats ahead of a game involving Liverpool.
This weekend sees the Reds, who reached the League Cup final in midweek, welcome West Ham United to Anfield for an FA Cup fourth round tie.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and West Ham United have contested 131 competitive matches during their respective histories. Liverpool hold the upper hand overall with 70 wins to 27 defeats and 34 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Meetings this season have comprehensively favoured the Londoners with their Premier League victories at Anfield (3-0) and Upton Park (2-0) securing a first league double over Liverpool since 1964.
• The two sides last met outside of league fixtures in the classic 2006 FA Cup final when Steven Gerrard inspired Liverpool to a penalty shootout victory after a 3-3 draw.
• Liverpool are actually unbeaten in all six of the FA Cup meetings to take place between the two sides. The only time West Ham have avoided defeat was when they forced a replay way back in February 1914.
• The 2006 triumph represents the last time the Reds lifted the FA Cup.
• The Merseysiders were losing finalists in 2012 (2-1 to Chelsea), reducing their overall win percentage in FA Cup finals to 50% (P14: W7, L7).
• West Ham have won the competition on three occasions, all between 1964 and 1980.
• All of Liverpool's last seven all-Premier League FA Cup ties have ended in a 2-1 scoreline (W4, L3).
• The Hammers have won just one of their last eight FA Cup games away from home (D1, L6).
• Slaven Bilic's men have been indifferent away from Upton Park lately too, winning just two of their last 10 on the road in all competitions (D4, L4).
(last six matches)
West Ham United: WWWWLD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 3-1 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check on both club's injuries
Click here to read former Red Mark Lawrenson's prediction
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.