Liverpool: Stats Preview 15/16 - Norwich (Away)
A selection of the best facts and stats ahead of Liverpool's trip to Norwich City on Saturday...
It's that time of the week again when we bring you the key facts and stats ahead of a Premier League game involving Liverpool.
This weekend sees the Reds (9th) travel to East Anglia for a match with relegation-threatened Norwich City (16th) at Carrow Road.
Here's what caught our eye:
• Liverpool and Norwich City have contested 63 competitive matches during their respective histories. Liverpool hold the upper hand with 34 wins to 14 defeats and 15 draws (source: 11v11.com).
• Norwich are without a win in the last 11 league meetings between the two (D2, L9).
• Both of their draws were at Anfield with the Canaries losing the last five meetings at Carrow Road, conceding 15 times in the process. Their last victory over the Reds was on April 30 1994.
• Norwich's home form has been good of late though with Alex Neil's men unbeaten in their last five at Carrow Road in the league (W3, D2).
• Liverpool have lost three of their last four Premier League away matches, scoring just once.
• Jürgen Klopp's men are still without a league win in 2016 (D1, L2) and the German's tally of 19 points from his first 15 league games in charge is the same as predecessor Brendan Rodgers.
• Norwich have compiled 23 points from their 22 Premier League fixtures played this term (W6, D5, L11) - an identical record to 2013-14 when they were relegated.
• Only Aston Villa (10.2%) have scored with a lower proportion of their shots in the top-flight this season than Liverpool (10.3%).
• Norwich have conceded a league-high 14 goals from crosses in the Premier League this season.
2015-16 Premier League Form
(last six matches)
Norwich City: WLWWLL
Vital Liverpool predicts a 1-2 LFC win
So that's what the stats say, what do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the game below or vote in our poll...
Click here to check on both club's injuries
Click here to read former Red Mark Lawrenson's prediction
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we're always looking for contributors so if you're an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to email@example.com|
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.